8.24.2012

the doma diaries: Lena's new island!

The kitchen in the new casa is pretty massive {I forget how big at the moment and my drawings are at the other house right now}. This meant that my mom got to have a pretty massive island...think 3' x 7'. It's got a bookcase on one side and a nook for her bar stool and BIG drawers on the other side.  I'm in love, and I think she is too.

the base of the cabinet {with electricity!}

During every part of the process, I squealed as soon as I saw what our contractor had done.

Before Rick could keep going though, we realized the floor slopes in the kitchen...by like 1/2" to 3/4".  He had to shave off a few parts of the cabinetry to make it plumb.  The pic above shows how far off it  was!

The bottom left hole will house the mixer with a shelf above for other things.  The right hole is for drawers!

Mom's little nook

Super excited.

She was pretty stoked once she saw just how much space she has on this thing...

I was pretty stoked to see the bookcases for cookbooks! The electrical outlet is in the top left bookshelf.

Pretty trim work, Rick!

The drawer/cabinet side of the island in progress...

With a few more drawers in...

Voila!

So. Many. Tools.

Isn't she pretty?? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good!!! Can't wait to see more!!