That's right, folks! Mom and Pops graced Ukraine with their wonderful presence. It was fabulous. Simply fab.
one of the views from their house...not too shabby, eh?
Soooo pretty.
After a few days in Germany, they came to Ukraine and we were reunited for the first time in just over a year :) I ended up surprising them at the airport, which was a welcomed surprise because they didn't have any grieven {Ukrainian currency} yet and would need some to pay for a taxi. I am still recovering from pneumonia and maybe mono as well {a whole 'nother story in and of itself}, so most of their trip, I sat around a lot of the time and let them do the exploring. My energy levels are nowhere near where they used to be, but I'll talk about illnesses in a different post. I'll let the pictures do the talking today.
One of the entire reasons for them coming--Ukrainian pysanka eggs {click here if you don't know what they are}. Mom was in heaven when she saw this giant one in K-grad.
Visit to the host fam's home in Oster.
Mom, Pops, Andrei, Gala, and Christy
Pops was most shocked at the amount of dishes I wash by hand on a daily basis.
Mom got to go in the root cellar at the host fam's house. I was never allowed to go down there because it was too cold...guess that rule doesn't apply to moms? :)
Pops was most excited to go to the post office in Oster and mail post cards. I was less than thrilled on that dreary, cold day.
We didn't take much luggage to Oster. Important things that were left behind when we needed them: gloves. Mom and I shared a pair of mittens while walking around Oster on the coldest day of the trip.
One-mittened Lydia, outside of the gymnasia school where I taught during training.
dinner in K-grad with some of my fellow k-gradders.
Angie, her mom Dorothy {who also happened to be in town for Easter!}, Mom, Lydia, Vicki, Dan, Pops, and Phil
this picture deserves a post in and of itself. Photo credit goes to mom. See if you can find something that doesn't belong...
doing pysanky eggs at my office
obligatory pic with the map in my office, and counterpart, Olena
the kittens were born while my parents were here too.
SO SO SO cute.
Easter meal at Olena's
"The Frost's Take Ukraine"--could be a book.
Pops needed a pic of me with my OU wall art.
This is what I did most of the trip. Rest.
on their last night of the trip, Mom trimmed my hair...this was the first time I've had it cut {other than me chopping off my bangs} in over a year.
good job, Mom!
One last thing...we got to watch some of the kids from my work practice in their dance class. They are amazing.
6 comments:
Many wonderful memories! Love you, Pops
Many wonderful memories! Love, Pops
I did pysanky eggs with Mom when I was a kid. I think I was mainly interested because it allowed me to play with fire. :)
I know everybody had a great time and I wish I could have been there too.
Your Mom and Dad are looking great! Glad they got to visit
Adelia
Charming, heartwarming, good pics, and many good days of health and travels to all the Frosts.
Thanks for the posting - nice to share the memories.
Post a Comment