During the week in Montana, I worked at a site called the Nurturing Center. This building houses children that may have been abandoned, taken away from their families, or are simply needing a better environment to live in. The exterior of the building was in shambles and desperately needed painting, so our team of +/- 15 youth worked religiously on the outside for the 5 days that we were there.
Day 1: chipping, chipping, and more chipping...
a work in progress...
The finished product! The white trim was in horrible shape as is evident from the previous photos, and parts of it ended up needing 3 coats of paint! I couldn't keep track of exactly how many gallons of paint we used, but it was around 18. That's a LOT of paint! But it was well worth it in the end :)
There were 3 sections of the building that had these incredibly high peaks to them. Our problem: only one ladder was tall enough to get to the top!
ta-da! after :)
We had some of the most talented artists at our work site...so we put their artistic skills to use. Each bedroom was basically a blank palette...here are a few of the murals that our group members painted :)
Brother Bear
my little pony :)
Might have to do one more posting of Montana pics...the scenery there was so stunning. Be on the lookout for more!
2 comments:
I'm finally the first to comment!!!
Can you have whoever painted the "Wittle Babby Bison" to come paint one on my wall!! :)
so fun! I think I'll ask my landlord if I can paint my walls in Cleveland...?
I esp love the ponies :)
Post a Comment