12.15.2011

Whoops...Way-Back-Wednesday #13: Frost Family Christmas Style

So, I know it's not Wednesday.  But, my calendar (in my head at least) has been a day off all week long.  I didn't realize today was Thursday until it was noon.  This post should have been for yesterday...so just pretend it switched places with the post for yesterday.

Today started off with another early morning at the gym :)  I had the same trainer from Tuesday (Roma, I think) and he asked me how I felt when he put me on the treadmill this morning.  I told him "Very bad.  My legs hurt all day yesterday." He laughed.  I could finally walk like a normal person today and actually enjoyed my workout because I wasn't hobbling around in pain the whole time.  

I had my second group of 3rd formers today.  There are a few troublesome boys in that class that I now have to send out in the hall at least once every class.  They view it as a game now and one of the girls in the group said, "Which one are you going to send out next?" I guess I'm that predictable. And that, ladies and gents, is why I'm thankful I'm not a teacher.  Praise goes out to all of my teacher friends and family once again for making the world a better place!

Today's post is about some old Frost Family pics that I love love love to look at.  Not much to read today, just some old pics :) enjoy!

Mom and Pops' first Christmas together (I think)
My older brother Jeremy, running to grab his stocking on Christmas morning 1978.  I love the real strand of popcorn and cranberries on the tree.  Also, take note of his Christmas stocking...that comes with a story in a later photo.

Lydia's first Christmas.  Who can identify the video game that Jeremy is playing on the first color TV the Frost Family owned?

In my Bama cheerleader uniform that Imogene made (Christmas 1990)...if only it were a Sooners outfit :)

Must have been playing dress-up with my dolls.  Story time now...
So, in the picture above, take note of the 5 stockings on the mantle.  Left to right, we have Jeremy, Papa, Panda (our dog), Mama, and then a long one that doesn't quite belong :)  My mom is probably laughing reading this as she knows the story I'm about to tell.

You see, my mom made each one of our personal stockings (including the dogs...).  Ours tell a summarized story of the Night Before Christmas.

Jeremy's is first and says: "Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring...".

Pops' is next and says: "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...".

Then comes mine...which I can't remember what it says right now!  But, it goes in the middle.

And then mom's is last saying: "Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!"

But, Mom never got around to finishing mine until I was in high school I think.  She'll probably correct me on that...but I had the long skinny stocking (which I liked because it held more presents!) for most of my life :)  We still have it too...couldn't think of getting rid of the memories that go with it!

Awesome bangs, I know.  I can teach you how to do them.  I'm also wearing a Christmas romper :)
Cool shoes, Jeremy.  Reading the GameBoy instruction manual (circa 1990).  That's my pretty ballerina to the side...not Jeremy's.  
Our first Christmas with Missy :) she's about 3 months old I think in this pic...

And last but not least, to lead us into today's Christmas movie, we have the following pic:

"I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!" 
I know I already featured a Christmas Story once, but I couldn't resist showing one of my favorite scenes from it, with a quote I like to throw into my life whenever I can.


That's all for today folks :)  The newest Ukraine Peace Corps Volunteers got sworn in today.  Remember my little blurb about the actual swearing-in ceremony? I just realized I never finished it.  I'll add that to the list of things to blog about.  Let's just say, it feels good not to be the newbie anymore in the PC world :)

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Wow, great post. For me anyway! :)

I remember stringing popcorn, though not cranberries. I don't remember there EVER being wood in the fireplace.

I don't remember when your stocking was finished, either!