I am almost 100% better. Not quite, but almost :) It seems that either my stomach has forgotten how to be hungry (hmmm, I highly doubt it...) or is still a bit queasy because not a whole lot of foods sounds great right now. But, nonetheless, I wanted to begin blogging about the ski trip while it was fresh on my mind.
Like any good trip in Ukraine, traveling to Slavske meant an overnight train ride. Slavske is located in the far west part of Ukraine in the Carpathian mountains. The trip was completely worth it, even if it meant being sick for a week once I got home.
Traveling with me on the train were my new{ish} sitemates (and sweet married couple) Dan and Vicki. I am so, so glad that they got put in Kirovograd with me and will be in Ukraine throughout the rest of my service :) Dan is more OCD about things than I am sometimes (hard to believe, huh?) and one of his OCD habits is baking a perfect chocolate chip cookie. I feel like I'll do a blog post {eventually} dedicated solely to his CCC's, but for now, just know that they're greeeeeeeat! (like Tony the tiger would say). I tease Dan about his CCC's but am secretly jealous because I still have yet to get my CCC's baked to perfection.
Dan, sitting out in the hallway of the train on a jump-seat
Vicki and myself eating CCC's with milk. Perfection.
Who was the fourth roomie in our little bunk? None other than one of my bffs, Miss Kym Starno.
Kymmy poo and Dan, dunkin' away
The house that I stayed in, with their big doggie, Rex, outside.
Unpacking in our own room :)
Dan and Vicki's room
That's all for part 1 of our shooping adventure!! More soon :)
2 comments:
Glad you are feeling mostly normal. Better stay on the BRAT diet for a while. :)
Looks like you had a good amount of fresh snow to play in. Can't wait for the next blog entry!
Whoops. That was actually me. Didn't know that Tina was logged in on this computer. :)
Post a Comment