2.20.2012

Ski Trip to Slavske {part 2}

The adorable ski village of Slavske combines the absolutely picturesque 360 views of the Carpathian mountains with the rustic elegance that is Ukraine.  I'll let these pictures do the talking...you can click on each picture to make it bigger.

kids on their way home from school

the very back of the pic has the big {BIG} mountain in it...think it's called Tristian?

the river that runs through Slavske--we drove over this in a jeep at one point.  

firewood

perfect icicles

I felt like this should be where the Weasley family lives...look at all of the front doors! But no stairs?!

the church in Slavske


the many layers of the frozen river

Don't see a tractor covered in snow too often in Oklahoma...

pristine snow

what are these?  My best guess was a chicken coop?

war monument

Maybe my post for tomorrow will actually include some ski pics :)  it's lightly snowing here in K-grad today.  Just a dusting, but it made me the trees look very pretty.  Since I was sick all last week, I'm doing my Valentine's lessons this week.  Candy hearts and Snoopy cards....here we come :)

2 comments:

Schlegel said...

I love the picture of "The Burrow"!!!

Love Schlegs :)

Jeremy said...

Covered in all that snow it doesn't look all that different from NH. I liked the firewood pic.