2.27.2012

Ski Trip to Slavske {part 5, the final one!}

This is the last post for ski trip entries.  Sad day, I know.  These are random pics that I forgot to post in other entries because they were taken on my small camera and in a different folder on the computer.  

Today's update on the medical front of Lydia: sick with round 3 of this viral infection.  Last night I started having horribly watery eyes (literally, just gushing tears for no reason) and a deep chest cough.  I rested my voice like the doc told me to all weekend (including missing a trip to Kiev and a working group meeting!)...but to no avail, this is all part of the original virus.  When I woke up today, my head felt like it was going to explode.  After taking some migraine medicine and my headache subsiding a little, I thought I could go into work.  I called the PC doc to see if there was anything I could take.  Good ol' Dr. Valeriy informed me of three things I could go purchase at the pharmacy: a pill that will help my chest cough, thera-flu for the other symptoms, and nasal spray.  

"Nasal spray?" I questioned.
"Yes, it will help you be able to breathe through your nose."

I then began laughing uncontrollably.  Poor Dr. Valeriy couldn't begin to understand my fear and loathing of nasal spray that stemmed from my childhood pediatrician wanting me to squirt liquid up my nose. 

After explaining to Dr. Valeriy that I hate nasal spray, he still didn't understand why a 25 year old volunteer couldn't give it a try.  I mean...I couldn't exactly explain to this very smart doctor that I haven't tried using nasal spray since I was probably 6 or 7 years old when my pediatrician wanted me to use it for allergies.  

Since nothing that I could say to this man would make my case any more valid, I assured him that I would consider trying it, all the while still laughing uncontrollably at how absurd I was being. 

But, I did buy it.  And I do have it to hand it to Dr. Valeriy: the man was right.  It did help.  I've been able to breathe out of my nose for 7 hours.  But, I'm definitely not switching to it for the long haul.  Enough about being sick...onto the pics!

Bennett and I on the {loan} chair lift

one of the ski doggies, waiting for a skier to drop a piece of meat on the ground...

tourist trap of having your picture taken with big birds...while you ski?

dance party after dinner...wish this weren't blurry!

Meet Morgan.  She has a pretty awesome wolf hat.  

Michael, about to show us some of his cossack moves

more mad dance moves...

most times when PCVs get together, a dance party oddly ends up happening.

see the wolf hat?

Lydia, Kym, Christina

sweet homegirl Jeramie 

Michael, and the wolf.

El Fin!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Stop trying to work! I can't believe it's come back a third time.

LOL at the nasal spray. I bet it's been 25 years since I tried one. Be careful with using it. Tina's allergist cautioned her that it's very easy for the body to get accustomed to using some of them and that then if you don't use it, you'll get a stuffy/runny nose.

Tina would have gotten her picture taken with the bird of prey...

Love the wolf hat and dance pics! From a practical (not a fashion) standpoint, I love those hats and wish it was socially acceptable for me to wear one. Like a giant grizzly bear one. That would be awesome.