8.20.2010

stripes, stripes, and more stripes...


As I said in the post before this, I am toying with the idea of stripes in my soon to be sis-in-laws bathroom. While googling the other day, I found this beauty of a room:
I don't know what it was that caught my attention: the giraffe pillow, the symmetry (I used to get in trouble in school for always making my projects symmetrical), the black and white pictures framed above the headboard, or the lovely tone-on-tone stripes on the wall. When I saw it, I stared for a good minute taking it all in.

Google has this new way of searching images (I haven't decided if I love it or hate it. Nobody ever likes change though...) and it doesn't really show you what the website looks like where the image is coming from. So, I saw this image, clicked on it, and then saw the faded out background of this. 3 things:

1) most shades of green catch my attention
2) the simplicity of the website was intriguing
3) any type of signage that is unique draws me in

So as you can see, I was hooked. I sat on my computer for at least an hour as I devoured picture after picture of weddings, scenery, design, anything. My favorite part of her website is under the "categories" tab, then "fabulous Friday find." I don't know where she's getting these images, but they are AMAZING. I'll show you a few more stripes pictures that snagged my attention (all photos from Diana Lupu Photography).

varying widths...LOVE

tone-on-tone with accents of robin's egg. stunning!

zebra rug, enough said.

After emailing with her and checking if I could use some of her pictures, she graciously allowed me to...and even sent me a few more blogs that she frequents! That's another post for another day :) Thanks, Diana, for having such a stunning website that caught my attention!

On another note, last night I made this batch of cookies with the help of Nora and Kendall. They are phenomenal. No doubt about it. And I don't even really like chocolate chocolate chip cookies. But trust me, they're worth the effort (and it's truly not that much!). Nora got the wonderful recipe from Kendall Porter (you can look at her blog here--she always has fabulous goodies!). We then headed to OU's campus (cookies in hand!) to see Katie, Lyndsay, Gracie, and Sarah's dorm rooms. One more stop by Bryce's new pad and then it was time to hit the hay. I have known most of these kiddos since they were in middle school...so to see them moving into the same dorm that I lived in is surreal!

The heat index is supposed to be 108 degrees today. I think I'll stay inside most of the day...toodles!

2 comments:

kjp + bwp said...

love the two finishes of horizontal stripes. & so so happy you made the cookies!! now i want some though... :) & thanks for mentioning my blog. you are too sweet.

Diana said...

you're the sweetest ever!! and those cookies? lets just say i nearly drooled just looking at the photo. Can't wait to try them out! =)