3.11.2012

from the hospital bed of Lydia...

I'm at a hospital in Kiev currently...I think it's called "Boris," although I'm not quite sure.  I came here yesterday around lunch time and got checked in immediately.  I'm in room 328, which of course I like because my birthday is on Dec. 28.  Love it when it shows up other places :)  I've got a private room and a comfortable bed and my own bathroom too. Quite luxurious!  If you don't think about the fact that you're in a hospital...

I've been bez (without) temperature all day yesterday and today.  That makes a giant improvement for how I feel...because having a temp of 103.5 was absolutely miserable.  You're cold, but sweating, and chilling, and nasty all around.  SO, I'm thankful for no more temp.

The staff and docs here have been quite nice...I've been on a breathing machine for a few times a day which I do for 10 minutes.  I currently have this hooked up to my arm at the moment...not quite sure what it is, but I trust 'em.


My cough is still horrible, and will probably still be bad for a few more days at least.  But, it's not as consistent as it was on Sunday through Tuesday.  Just loud and obnoxious :)

I've got wifi and a flatscreen tv to keep me entertained...although everything except BBC is in Russian/Ukrainian.  So, I started watching Glee from the beginning to pass the time.  And, playing some old games on my phone :)  I've been sleeping every few hours too...but I'm about slept out.  I'm glad there is wifi (brought my laptop), but the wifi makes me incredibly thankful for my uber fast internet at my apartment.  I was going to upload a few pics...but it's taking 5 minutes to do one.  So, that may be all ya get :)

Anywho, know that I'm doing a bit better.  Just glad to finally be getting this pneumonia treated.  I have had very sweet nurses who come at the drop of a pin.  And, I've got the PC docs a phone call away.  We'll evaluate tomorrow and see if I'll still stay here or go somewhere else (not sure where).  Maybe PC office?  No clue.

It has snowed on and off all day today.  Pretty from my window, but a slushy/rainy mess on the street.  Toodles :)

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

If you have a chance, watch an episode of Top Gear on BBC. It's one of my favorite shows.

No snow here. In fact, it's supposed to hit 70 tomorrow in Derry!

Quincee said...

hope you get better soon!!