So, I had this post all written and prepared for yesterday. BUT, no internet at my apartment. Wah, wah. That means I have to do it today, even though it's Thursday. It does make a bit more sense because today is someone's birthday...which is what the post is for!
Meet Jill.
You might remember her from a few different posts {here, here, or here to name a few}. As much as I love/hate the story of how we met, I'll go ahead and tell it. Jill's probably laughing now as she reads this and remembers that day. I met Jill my freshman year of college. To be exact, the first day that we moved in to the dorms of OU's beautiful campus. Jill and I went to high school together. This is where the story gets awkward and embarrassing for me.
Jill knew me in high school.
I did not her.
I knew her name and her face, but didn't know they went together. This has been a legendary story brought up ANYTIME Jill finds the time to make me feel bad :) But, I love her all the same.
So, we were new freshmen in the dorm. My roomie, Karen, and I were ordering pizza that night for supper. I always {ALWAYS} eat ranch dressing with my pizza. Jill stuck her head in our room and asked if we needed anything from the store; I asked if she would mind getting me a ranch dressing :) we exchanged phone numbers then and I put her name in my phone as "Jill Ranch." To this day, she is in my phone as Jill Ranch. Sometimes, I try to type that into facebook to search for her, but that's not her real name. Enough with the chit chat though; let's take a walk down memory lane!
Road trip? Sure!
Sledding? Why not!
Move to Boston after college? Done!
Rafting trip? Duh!
I admire so much about Jill--her free spirit, contagious laughter and smile, and her willingness to leap when someone says "jump!" I have a bajillion pictures of us together from 2005 on, so, without further ado..
dorm activities...
our hands were SO dirty with newsprint.
the dorms.
freshman year of college, 2005--Lydia, Ashlee, Jill
sledding adventures of freshman year!
anytime it snowed in Norman, a trip to Tecumseh and I-35 was in order...and Jill was always the ring leader of this activity :)
Jilly...
at Big Event--2006
the only time in my life I've ever made a human pyramid!
the last day in the dorms!
First OU game of 2007--Jill wore a green shirt and our opponent's team colors just happened to be green as well. Smooth move... :)
This is "The Jill" face. I could have posted a LOT of these, but I opted for others. This one was at OU/Texas! Our first time to go!
Boomer Sooner...
Tacky Christmas Party 2007
Tacky Christmas Party 2008--Jill sewed a stocking to her sweatshirt and gave out candy canes all night :)
If you would like to read more about the story of this picture, you can click here...
best of friends.
a very young Lydia, Jill, and Mitchell
and a very old Mitchell, Lydia, and Jill!
typical.
Allison, Lydia, Jill, and Bert--at a super warm game!
and Allison, Lydia, and Jill at a VERY cold game...
OU/Texas 2007
OU/Texas 2009
Halloween...no comment.
group timer pic.
Snow pics!
Rafting adventures :)
fun at the OK State Fair :)
I'm the albino, Jill is the brown one.
Jill is always 10 shades darker than I am...
first time skiing!!
love you Jilly :) hope you have a blessed birthday!















3 comments:
I LOOOOOVE IT!! We really do look like babies in that picture! Best time of my life thus far! I love and miss you sooo so sooo much! Thank you! :)
LOL at the green shirt caption.
Also LOL at the "I'm the albino, Jill is the brown one" caption.
Want to know something funny? I've been skiing more times with Jill (twice) than with you (once).
I sure miss all you girls.....Glad you had such fun in college.
Post a Comment